This is a first version of the University of Iowa 2018-19 General Catalog. The final edition and the historical PDF version will be published soon after the fall semester begins.

The graduate Certificate in Agricultural Safety and Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. It requires 12 s.h. of graduate credit.

The Certificate in Agricultural Safety and Health requires the following course work.

OEH:5410Occupational Safety3
OEH:5620Occupational Health3
OEH:6110Rural Health and Agricultural Medicine3
OEH:6120Current Topics in Agriculture and Rural Health (taken two times for 1 s.h. each)2
OEH:7020Independent Study in Occupational and Environmental Health1
Total Hours12


Applicants to the certificate program should hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a g.p.a. of at least 2.50, or they should have equivalent experience and education. Application materials must include the program's application form, a résumé, and a letter of interest explaining the applicant's current position and education objectives.

For more information, visit the Graduate Certificate in Agricultural Safety and Health web page.