The College of Engineering partners with the Tippie College of Business to offer the Certificate in Technological Entrepreneurship. The program is administered by the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center in the business college.
The program is intended for students who would like to develop an understanding of how to manage innovation in business environments as well as those who plan to start and operate their own businesses.
Students who complete the certificate program are able to:
- recognize and seize upon opportunities;
- employ a more innovative and creative mindset in problem solving;
- develop strategic business plans;
- understand how to acquire and manage resources for innovation;
- work effectively in interdisciplinary teams;
- bridge engineering and business principles; and
- network with business and industry professionals.